Sunday, September 19, 2010


I used to have aspirations and dreams. I wished to create my own private practice dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients with illnesses. I dreamt of possessing my own name badge which read,’Dr. Kaia Eshkol.’ I no longer had those dreams. They only existed when I was surrounded by my loving and caring family members and friends. I hadn’t contacted any of them in years. I wasn’t permitted. I wasn’t even aware of their location, however, I had my suspicions. After my appearance, I’m almost positive that my parents would have joined the resistance force, however, they wouldn’t have stood a chance for the Gestapo were ruthless. I doubted that any of them remained alive and worse still, I was to blame for their deaths. I made a mistake, one, single, foolish mistake that altered the rest of my life, as well as my families. Every day I witness unjust acts of racial discrimination against Jewish prisoners, including mass murder, starvation and the experimentation on human bodies. Living here, in this dreadful place is my punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment